Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Support: 10 feet High

I could have easily told you 27 years ago that my parents had amazing friends.  Well, except I was a year old and obviously could not speak. But seriously, these people are amazing and have been the most supportive group for my entire life. 

I could not say thank you enough for the last 6 months, as day after day these people called, emailed, baked, held hands, and were extra wonderful.  But even I was amazed in November when these men pulled through to replace the shingles on dad's shop roof.  This roof had seen better days both in terms of shingles and plywood underneath and if you know my dad, you know how important the contents of the shop are to him (especially Emma Jean!). Not only did we have manual labor, we had 4 wheelbarrows, a dumpster delivery, and more materials than we needed.  Add in Dunkin' coffee and donut holes, and maybe a few adult beverages, and there were quite a few laughs to be had along with all of the work! 

Also, I think it is important to note that we started about 9am pulling shingles off the roof and were cleaned-up with materials in trucks by 1pm.  Yes, 4 hours to do this HUGE roof - 
Just a few more pictures to remind everyone how hard they worked. I do want to take a minute to thank Richard, Tommy, and Scott as they provided so much support in terms of materials and equipment - without them there would have been no way to complete this project.  If I haven't said it enough, allow me to say THANK YOU again. With tears, love, and more emotion than I can convey, I want all 14 of you to know how much it meant to me to see you all there supporting Dad. 

Thank you again for all of your support, no matter how you showed your love. Physical, emotional, FOOD, financial, it all means more than I can say.

Love, 
Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment